Eagle Cap Wilderness


Starting out in the morning, at least we beat the pack llamas on the trail. No one wants to follow behind animals.

I opted for the frame pack full of waters, lunch and Scott's fishing gear. Scott drew the short straw and had to pack Evalily. Although in the end she walked some of the way, so it wasn't too bad for him. I cinched the pack waist strap too tight and I had a heat rash around my middle when I got to the top. I was trying to carry the weight of the pack solely on my hips, saving my shoulders. Something to learn for next time.

Hey a sign, though it doesn't say how much father the destination is.


Note to self, make Aaryn and Izaak carry more waters, as they were yards and yards ahead of us.

Son helping his mom cross a stream on a precarious bridge.
No Bridge here, 50 feet of water on the trail. I wish that my pack was not so heavy as I walked barefoot on these granite rocks, and ice cold water.
We made it to the meadows. Such a beautiful place. Aaryn is happy to be at our end.

Adryann likes the cool place to soak her tootsies. This is her first big hike and she did 10 miles round trip. We are real proud of her.

Lunch time, what a nice bench, Brian relaxes near the bend in the stream. The kids were excited to play in snow patches and had a snowball fight in July.



No luck fishing for Scott, resigns to watching Evalily and Izaak wading.
Evalily finds some flowers as her shorts dry over the fire since she slipped.


Aaryn caught the only fish of the day and nice brook trout. What a shock he got. Dad got real excited, but no bites for him.