I didn't realize I started this 1 year ago, same time same place. Still in Iowa. Whoever grows up saying, boy I really want to live in Iowa when I get older. Not much to do here. People go to the malls on the weekend, cause they cant stand to go outside and be suffocated with the humidity. Iowans have an easy time gaining a gut. I still force the kids outside to play, and they come in dripping wet. Hence the mecca to Oregon in July. Scott can reap the seeds he sows, as he is alone during most of July. House projects get completed while we are gone though, so it is all good. Scott brings me back to Iowa from Oregon, strapped in the car and kicking. It seems as though we know I-80 like the palm of our own hand. There is never a motel in Wyoming at midnight, when you are exhausted, only the ones rundown, listing $130, per night. Cursing Scott misstakenly slams his foot into the toliet bowl to escape the sudden blistering water change of the shower. Driving into flat Nebraska is monotonously long and straight. After experiences like this, home is beginning to sound better and better.
August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment